Monday, January 31, 2011

Tea Time with a Friend

In your search for something more......

Try "tea time" with a friend.  The English tradition of tea time has been disturbed and so has our lives.  Why not revisit this old tradition and make it yours.  I've attempted this trick myself and am finding it beneficial, but not just from the anti-oxidants or the "tannin in the tea" so to speak.

I'm finding that tea time has also become a trigger phrase to slow me down.  The biggest benefit is the simple task of getting the tea and sipping it while it's hot.  The burning drink to the lips makes me drop all focus from day's work so that I do not burn myself.   This is the next best thing to sitting there and doing NOTHING.
"They" say we should take 2 minutes per day to sit.  Simply SIT.   Do NOTHING.  Don't even think.  A way to shut out stress and re-energize.

So tea time is my moment to shut it all out, rejuvinate with a different flavor each afternoon post-lunch.
Try it.   And let me know if it's helped you to reduce your stress and even start a discussion of the benefits of tea.