Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Referred for Surgery - an ongoing adventure

Good morning Everybody!

Although I feel like I've got my upper body in a vice, I'm "alive and kicking".  That old phrase has been one of my many life's quotes.   Just like James Brown's "I feel good", these every-day phrases in my life have always held hope.  Not matter what we keep kicking and crawling and fighting until we get to the top and shout "I Feel Good!".

After the visit to the Endocrinologist, I was referred for surgery and now await the appointment with the surgeon.  I believe that from there, I'll be able to get a date for the surgery.  I'm currently placed on an on-call list in case Doc has a cancellation.  I'm ready to get this thing OUT!   My collar-bone is painful today so I don't know if that's from pressure or vascularization in the area around the lump.

The Endo said that my lump is actually 2 inches by 3 inches, which is enough on its own to warrent surgery.  Unless I'd want to have ultrasounds and painful biopsies every 6-months.  NOT!
But because my pain, breathing and voice symptoms are still hanging on, we're going for Operation Removal.

As I wait, I pray and rest and take the prescribed medicine to help ease my symptoms; knowing that all of this is in God's hands.  I've made the calls and have taken the necessary steps to help myself and now I await what's next.

Update on Dad:
My father goes in for surgery next week and good news is that the bladder cancer is in Stage 1. 

Wherever we go, let's try to remember that someone might be suffering with something that we are just not aware of.   I will try to be compassionate to all who cross my path today.