Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Hero

As most people do, I've always put my Dad on a pedestal when I was growing up.   Then somewhere along the way, we find out our parents are only human and we see the weaknesses we all have.   I'm now to a new point in my perspective in that I see my Dad as that awesome HERO again!

Through his own trial with cancer, such a sudden life-changing shock, he has proven to me that he will always be the strong Dad of my childhood.  He asks me about my own trials and looks to still support me emotionally.  "I'm doing just fine."  -   "This gettin' old stinks, doesn't it?"  -  "One Day at a Time"

Funny, he always sang the line "One Day at a Time, sweet Jesus" and reminded me of the line again when the T.V. sitcom of the same name was aired.   And again now.

I'm so blessed to have a father of strength, even when I know he still has human weakness and fear.  He'll continue to keep that strong front for me, 'cause he's always looking out for his kids.

Thanks so much, Dad, for being a wonderful example of how I should live my life:  One Day at a Time.
My Hero - My Dad.


 - - m.m.l.t.o.