Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rest is Good

There is nothing like REST for the recovery of body and mind.  

This 3-day holiday weekend allowed me an extra day of much-needed time.  Time is always the struggle of our modern life and this was one time I was going to take every minute of it to enjoy.   I even took the advice of friends and sat down while watching a movie.   Not only did I watch "Holiday" with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz, but I also watched "Julie & Julia".  Both were just what I needed to pamper myself.   Along with napping and puttering around the house and yard with the dogs.   A dog's life is what I enjoyed for at least one of those day and just as I suspected of my canine's world:  It was GREAT!    My body's health feels great today and my mind is free.

Now, the challenge comes in keeping this restful, stress-free feeling and hanging on to it for the rest of this short work week.  Thank goodness for another holiday coming up.   Just in case a little bit of stress decides to jump on my bandwagon, I'll have a chance to recharge before the start of a new year and a new approach to life.

Rest IS good.