Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Handling a "Biopsy" Scare

Well, today's the day I'm supposed to call my doctor to find out results of a biopsy in my neck.  There are many medical things we deal with in life and they are all serious as we journey through them.  As we get older, hindsight has a way of making things seem so small.  Especially when certain medical terms arise.  Biopsy is one.  Cancer is the next but I don't even want to venture to those thoughts.

"One Step At A Time" are the words holding me steady for these last several weeks.  

Fear of the "what is this feeling" motivated a trip to my doctor.  Blood tests, CAT scan, Ultrasound, and an Ultrasound-guided biopsy later, I'm getting ready to learn more.  My luck, they won't know yet and I'll have to wait.  But this test of my optimism is weighing on me and "Trust in God" is the other phrase holding me together.

Remind me that my worry takes the trust out of God's hands.  I'm not strong enough so I let Him take me forward a moment at a time.  Right now.  Here.  This moment.