Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting through the Day

How many times in our lives do we find it hard to get out of bed?  To get out to the car just to head in to start the workday?  We have so many tools at our fingertips today that give us good tips and tricks for distracting ourselves from our worries, fear and exhaustion.    Out of ALL of them, though, my favorite is forcing myself into a quiet place.  FORCING myself to shut everything out while I get a minute with God.  Recharging for the moment to get to the next phase of my day.

"Lord, please cover me in your strength and guidance today.  I just don't have the strength or will to do it, so I'm asking you to please enliven the Holy Spirit in me today to be my energy, my actions and my words.  When I get home tonight, I'll rest in You to get more strength to join in tomorrow, but for now please work in me.  I can't do this myself today.  All glory to your strength and magnificence!  Amen."

Let me and others know what helps to get you through the day.