Thursday, April 14, 2011

Powerless

There's an incredible sense of powerlessness as I learn of my Dad's turn for the worse when he's so far away and I can't physically see him like I used to.   Seems his doctor cancelled his recent round of chemo yesterday, as he now has anemia and is getting a blood transfusion today.
I don't know if it's misinformation of parents protecting children, but it seems he DOES have spots on his lungs after all and will have lung biopsies done next Wednesday.
Mom is just hanging on and trying her best not to "lose it" herself.  She's at risk of losing her husband and there's nothing anyone can do or say to make it better.

A huge sense of sadness is overcoming me now and I'm trying my hardest to "Search for Mo" and find that bright side to all of this as a small family unravels.

Hang in there!  Tomorrow IS a new day and God will not give us more than we can handle.