Monday, February 18, 2013

Dad went home to the Lord

This update has taken me some time to post in that my emotions have been crazy raw.
"Searching for MO" started when I really needed to search out the positive while going through my own Cancer scare then learning at the same time that my Dad had his own Cancer.
The journey was tough and he fought hard.  Was even cancer-free for over a year.

On December 21, 2012, Dad's heart just couldn't take it anymore.  The chemo and subsequent pain in his body caused him to collapse at home.  My tears still flow when I remember the day he fought so hard in the hospital and coded 3 times, fighting to the very end!

The biggest lesson I've learned from my Marine Corp Dad is how to work hard in this world and fight for life!  This has been the worst heartbreak to date, but I've learned so much about friendship and the support of loved ones.

My Dad would be so proud of the good that has come from this journey.  He is forever remembered and loved in our hearts and I hope that you can look back at this blog for your own glimmer of hope and lessons of how to fight, no matter what the outcome.  Searching always for the positive and never losing a chance to tell someone how much you love them.

Ted is at home with the Lord, with his own parents and he'll be waiting for me when it's my time to go. He is with many other wonderful souls who have also welcomed him into Heaven.

I love you Dad!